“I think you’re a fairy tale. I think you’re magical, and brave, and exquisite. And I hope you’ll let me be in your story.”
Oh Lazlo, you poor soul but if you insist then the sign up sheet to becoming a part of ”my story” is over here :
Please write your name in capslock and in size 72.
Thank you very much
I have some breaking news: this is my first Laini Taylor book
Yes, you’ve seen it correctly. This is the first book I’ve had the pleasure of reading by the lovely Laini Taylor. It’s not like I tried avoiding her books; they were avoiding me. But the point is, I finally understand the big hype over this author.
here’s the thing
I knew right off the bat that I’d love Strange the dreamer, . Please, I dare you to look at the synopsis and tell me you’re not slightly interested??? Because I refuse to accept you aren’t. Look, when I got my hands on this book……it was a mission. As in, I was struggling to read this. I don’t know if I was reading it at the wrong time in my life but I wasn’t feeling it. I think I questioned whether I read the same book as everyone??? Because what the heck??? The first half was meh. I already have 99 problems and you bet your butt an info dump ain’t gonna be one.
I’m just happy I pulled my butt through this because goddamn
○ This book made me hear colors.
○ This book brought world peace.
○ This book made my skin clear, soft and hella nice.
○ This book made my garden flourish.
○ This book gave me 3 lives.
*pats my own back*
Good job, Tweebs, good job.
Well, after you go past the first half then you’ll find that Strange the dreamer, has an addicting plot, glorious world building, swoon-worthy romance, and incredible characters
This book literally went from 5 to 100000 real quick. Seriously, y’all I didn’t expect to love this so much. It hit me out of nowhere.
Actual footage of me not knowing what this book was gonna do to me.
Note: Y’all have been warned. Prepare yourselves.
What’s this book about, you say???
– The second half of this book, is when I started to truly appreciate the plot. The plot is a breath of fresh air. It’s unique. Something that makes you think, “Well, damn.”
– Where do I even start? I loved them. I never knew I lacked anything in my life until these characters graced me with their presence. But let’s be real. You all know my fav is Lazlo. He’s a precious cinnamon roll. He needs to be protected. Okay, let’s speak about my other fav, Minya. I don’t care if she scares me or looks like a 6 year old but it’s already been confirmed. This chick is my spirit animal.
– holy snap!!! the writing in this book is insane. I literally almost found myself googling, “is it alright to eat a book because it reminds you of honey???” Honestly, the words were honey. They were delicious, sweet, and oh so lovely.
In conclusion, pick this book up!! I highly recommend it. You will thank me. If you’re just like me then continue on even though it might seem like torture BUT ITS NOT. #keepdoingit #pushyourself
Review by Tweebs 🙂