“You found me in a constellation.”
*packs my stuff*
Y’all can find me in a constellation because I’m outta here.
What is Earth??
Who would’ve thought that picking this book up would make me forget the answer to 1+1. Who would’ve thought that picking this book up would make my skin clear. Who would’ve thought that picking this book up would make me hear colors. Who would’ve thought that picking this book up would make me question why no one gave me a “warning”
– a statement or event that indicates a possible or impending danger, or problem.
✓Impending danger? My soul being shattered
✓Problem? Someone should’ve told me what I was signing up for??
In other words:
Never felt so unprepared in my whole life
That’s what reading this book feels like.
Seriously, I never knew I lacked anything in my life until I read this. Krytonite? Yo Superman, forget that. This book is your new weakness. It was like Francesca Zappia knew exactly what to write in order to kill me. Well, you know what, she succeeded.
Reasons why you guys should read this book
1. The plot is the bomb dot com.
○ It’s about Eliza Mirk who is the creator of this famous web-comic called Monstrous Sea. She goes by the name: Lady Constellation. She has millions of fans and followers online who practically worship her. But in real life, she’s the opposite. She’s an introvert, friendless, and weird. She never told anyone in her life about the fact she’s the mastermind behind the web-comic.
○ Oh, the cool thing is, the author included art of the comic inside the book. Can we have a moment of silence? because yes.
2. The characters
○ I loved every single person in this book but let’s be real. My two favorites are Eliza’s younger brothers: Sully and Church. They are so precious and I want to adopt them.
○ Eliza mirk is my spirit animal. She prefers the presence of online friends rather than actual real people. I related to her so much to the point where I started to think that Francesca Zappia was writing my biography. I just loved how real she was. 10/10 for best character development.
○ Wallace, who is the love interest, is meh.It’s not because of his name….okay it’s because of his name. He was a great character, yeah I loved him and the romance between them because it was so cute. But when we get to a certain part in this book, I questioned him so hard like I was left thinking to myself, “what’s wrong with this dude??”
3. Portrayal of Mental health
○ yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
○ I appreciate the fact that the mental health was the focus but it wasn’t “the focus”, if you get what I mean?? The author didn’t go overboard.
○ They were other issues that were tackled within this book and I just love how the author handled it perfectly.
I have a lot of love for this book and I’m going to stop here because I’m 100% sure I could go on forever listing reasons why you should read this. I highly recommend y’all read this.
Francesca Zappia, please create more lovely books like these. Thank you very much 🙂
Review by Tweebs 🙂