“I don’t know how I’ll feel about anything when my memories return.” His arms tightened around her. “But I know I fear losing you more than anything that might befall me.”
Shoot me. Just shoot me. End my agony.
If you asked me to describe Hell then I’d say picking quotes from this book.
I loved everything.
My brains hurts and you may entirely lay the blame on Annette Marie . She has done it again. She has finally found the key to destroying my sanity. She ripped it into tiny little pieces by her magnificent plot, A+++++ characters, marvelous world building, and “why can’t this happen to me?” romance.
I feel like a Tasmanian devil came into my life, messed everything up and left.
Yes, I’m that tree. I’m sooooo that Tree. #relatable
How does one simply review this book?? Well, I’m facing the same dilemma I had with Red Winter. I don’t know what to write BUT I’m going to force myself into forming words to create a somewhat accurate review. Before I begin, I just need to address a MINOR issue. Do you guys enjoy sleeping? Because I feel like this series is being slept on. This series is so under-rated. Trust me, you will not regret picking this up. This series is so satisfying to the soul and I advise you to go into this series with zero expectations. Makes the experience worthwhile and much better.
Let’s hope I do this book some justice. I’m warning you that this review would seem like someone dropped a vase made out of glass and tried to put it back together.
In other words:
This is going to be to a hot mess.
Dark Tempest, picks up right after the ending of Red Winter. The only problem I had with Red Winter, is that its a bit slow in the beginning but as I progressed through the story; that problem disappeared. The thing about, Dark Tempest is that it followed its predecessors footsteps BUT ITS OKAY BECAUSE AFTER A FEW CHAPTERS, THE PROBLEM GETS CLEARED UP. I assure you, I understand why the pacing was slow because it was just filling you with essential info to understand everything and I despise info dump but trust me, y’all would be sooooooo appreciative because :
○ You would be so lost because the author throws Japanese terminology everywhere like confetti and makes you constantly think, “okay what is that??”
○ Just bare with it because once you understand then
○ Really really good.
Truthfully, I wanted to write this review for the characters because I’m absolutely in awe of them. My love for them increased immensely within this book. Why? Because of the character development.
○ Emi – She’s pretty much the same in Red Winter but I felt like she grew a loooooooot and is finally beginning to spread her wings. I found myself liking her way way WAY better in this book. She is fearless, selfless, understanding, loyal, kick ass, and caring. She came a long way. *wipes tears*
(This is an Illustration of Emi from the book!!!!)
It was amazing to see how her character was able to adapt and flourish despite her circumstances. I just loved how she wasn’t phased by anything and told everyone, “Screw you, humans aren’t weak.”, She proves them wrong. She crushes everyone’s expectations of human beings. She stepped out of her comfort zone and stuck up for herself. She doesn’t allow her weaknesses to be a barrier. I can go on forever about why I adore her so much.
○ Shiro – *swoons* This dude is such a flirt and I’m not one to complain. Please carry on, my dear Shiro *bats eyelashes* I absolutely loved him because he never failed to crack me up. He can make a joke in the most serious situation. Seriously, I dare you to resist his charms because it’s hard. Very hard.I loved how we get to find out more about his unknown past. I feel like there was more of a connection I had with him than I did in Red Winter. You can feel that he’s lost, afraid, and exposed. He’s trying to find himself. Even though, I claimed Shiro as one of my book husbands, sadly, I’m not the only one who wants him. *cough* Emi *cough* Well, it’s okay. I can take a step back because I already ship them so hard. You honestly can’t help but adore them. I love the fact that they have each other’s backs and is able to tackle their own barriers together.
It’s been confirmed. They are my OTP *sigh*
(This is an Illustration of Shiro and Emi in the book!!!)
○ Yumei – He is mysterious and I’m so intrigued by him. I want to know more about him. I look forward to his parts especially the interactions between him and Shiro. I just love how he is sarcastic, rude, and straightforward. Also, his insults are the real deal.
If you read my review of Red Winter then you’d know that this book also contains illustrations. I swear, this idea of having illustrations is fabulous. Now, I wouldn’t post them all for you. I need some leverage okay. There is a loooooot more within the book and y’all need to read it to see it :-p
This book will make you go through a roller coaster of endless feels. Although, a lot of things happen within this book but I won’t go into it because I don’t want to spoil anything. All I can give you is : You will put this book down several times to just breathe. The action scenes will keep you on edge like I found myself forever gripping my couch.
Hope y’all get the chance to read this. You won’t be let down. I promise.
Review by Tweebs 🙂