“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill”
nah man, that’s easy for you to say.
I’m sitting here debating whether I should give up on writing this entire review and instead type: shfjdsfhdkjshskjghjsfhdsjf i rather live as an apple bye.
but no, i’m forcing myself to put some effort. I can’t be a procrastinator forever.
if I was the president of a country, i would totally make everyone read this book. This book is absolute perfection and feels like a personal assault to the heart. It will make you cry buckets of tears. Basically, it will make you emotional, okay??? You’ve been warned.
Also, it needs more stars like wtf is 10??? This rating system needs to be fixed because sadly the #10 ain’t working for me. How about 3849328490328439 stars???
Yeah?? Okay ??? Thanks 🙂
You know what else ain’t working with me??? The title of this book. It needs to be changed to “I’ll give you the knife” Why?? Probably makes no sense but I’m not feeling very creative right now so ssh let’s just roll with it. I felt like Jandy Nelson stabbed me in the heart with her captivating plot, A+++++ characters, and swoon worthy romance.
Yeah thanks, Jandy Nelson, very much needed.
Guys, I didn’t ask for this. I didn’t need this type of stuff in my life.
I thought I’d be going into this book like :
but nope, half way into this book, I realize:
and obviously at the end, I was left like:
So yeah thanks, Jandy Nelson, very much needed.
If you ever see this book, please add it to your tbr or you know, pick it up. Trust me, from one reader to another, don’t regret this. Yeah, the writing may not be for everyone and maybe will have you thinking to yourself ??? what ??? but listen……it’s so worth it. Once you understand what’s going on, you will treasure this book. The writing went from 0 to 100. I loved it. I don’t think I’d have it any other way, to be honest. Also, I loved the feeling of reading how everything comes together. How everything unravels. How everything connects together and begins to make sense. Relating to the characters. The twists. Everything. Just yes. It’s amazing how my expectations were met in every single way. I needed this book months ago. I don’t know why I waited this long.
Note to self: read books as soon as you purchase them.
Gosh, I don’t know where to begin so let’s start off with the plot.
“This is what I want: I want to grab my brother’s hand and run back through time, losing years like coats falling from our shoulders.”
○ Alright, I believe, y’all shouldn’t know too much info about the plot because it’s 10000 times better to watch it untangle. Makes the experience way way WAY better. I think my 5 star rating was truly because I didn’t know enough and I wasn’t expecting as much. So, don’t try to know more.
○ But for the really curious ones, I will tell you what you will find. You will mostly find in this book important issues such as family and finding ones own identity.
“If bad luck knows who you are, become someone else”
○ Let me tell you, y’all better love my children. I will seriously come after you if you try hating on them. I got my pitch fork ready.
○ Since we got that out of the way, dfjkdsfhdkjsfhdskjf ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodnesssssssss these characters ahhhhhhhhhh sjdfhjsfhdskjfdhskf
○ Translation: I love them so much and I want to thank Jandy Nelson for blessing us with these characters. I love how they are flawed, so realistic and yeah, most of the things that occur in this book should make me angry at them but…..i can’t help but love them.
“If one twin is cut, the other will bleed”
○ In this book, we have two different POV’s telling us the story: Noah and Jude . They are our MC’s and siblings; twins. Noah is the odd ball. He’s weird and doesn’t fit in with anyone. He’s such a special snow flake. Each of his POV’s made me fall in love with his character even more. I loved how real he felt and I just want to protect him from everyone.
○ Jude is our wild, adventurous girl and is different from Noah in every single way. Unlike her twin, she fits in with everyone. Not going to lie but I felt more of a connection with Noah but that’s all good. Her POV’s grew on me and I started to appreciate her and then yeah, I ended up adopting her without even knowing. I loved how I was able to feel her struggle, her confusion, basically her emotions. It felt real but i’m still salty over half the things she’s done in this book. You ain’t forgiven yet girl but i still love you.
○ Like I said, a lot of things occur in this book which are caused by their mistakes. Mistakes that led to terrible ramifications. Read the book and you’ll find out more 🙂 🙂 🙂
○P.S: did i say how much i love them???
○.P.P.S: because i love these precious cinnamon rolls.
“I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.”
Can we have a moment of silence for the fact that we need more books like these??? Yes ??? You with me??? I honestly love this book and want you guys to read it……and maybe join me in the “what is life because i don’t even know???” club. I think i tried my best to not spoil this book. It had taken a lot of self-control, to be honest. And listen, this book is a masterpiece. It is beautiful. It is absolute perfection. Don’t have any doubts of it being a terrible read.
I don’t think y’all need anymore convincing and help me lord, you don’t want me to come and do this :
Review by Tweebs 🙂